Tuesday, March 18, 2014

No plan... but dinner turned into amazing meal!

Everyone was starting to get hungry and I didn't know what to make for dinner. With the refrigerator fairly empty, I resorted to my only choice for protien. Chicken. Carefully cutting the chicken breasts off a chicken I boiled yesterday, I slit them open and stuffed them with a cilantro, tomato, lime and Parmesan cheese mixture. Then I stuck them in the oven to warm up. 

Meanwhile, I pondered what else to make. I took the leftover cheese and spread it evenly on a cookie sheet and seasoned it with a bit of Cajun seasoning. Setting them on the top rack of the oven, I knew they would melt and brown into crispy tasty crackers. 

I boiled some pasta and made a simple but desireable mushroom sauce with a hint of lime. Milk was the base of the sauce, and it thickened up beautifully to sit on top of the pasta. After the sauce was salted properly, I pulled the crackers and chicken out of the oven and put together my impromptu dinner. 

It turned out wonderfully, and tasted better than any resteraunt meal you would had gotten. The stuffed chicken had a wonderful, moist and tender texture... not to mention the awesome flavor from the cilantro and lime! 

Presented beautifully, it came together very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment