Saturday, March 29, 2014

3-Course meal


Menu:



This meal was restaurant style with eight guests. They got to pick which food they wanted for each course so in theory, it was indeed a three-course meal, but I was cooking twice that. It certainly kept me hopping preparing a "double three-course meal." 

Dishes in order of appearance for the Chicken Dinner:

Quinoa Salad Cups

Basil and sundries tomato stuffed Chicken breast, angel hair pasta with light tomato concise sauce and tomato fresh mozzarella basil salad. 

Frozen Strawberry dessert


Order of dishes for the Beef Steak dinner:

Lasagna rolls 
Flank steak pinwheels with twice baked potatoes and steamed asparagus with candied bacon

Cheesecake with mumpled cherries on top


The entire meal went together amazingly after several days of hard focused work. It was a challenge to get everything ready at the right time when the meal was being served. Timing was so crucial and I learned SO much in the process. I am so glad I was able to serve that meal and I look forward to doing many more again soon. 

This was my first three-course dinner to ever make. 

I studied all the needed techniques (plus some) for every recipe and now have much more confidence in those areas. In order to be a good chef, one must be experienced. Through trial and error one learns their way through the tasks of life. I am so thankful The Lord has given me this time to learn from others around me!! Everyone has been such a blessing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment